The Law Enforcement Judo Association is holding a Takedown, Physical Control, and Handcuffing seminar.
This clinic is open to anyone who is interested in learning effective and ethical arrest, control and handcuffing techniques.
The participants will be instructed by three long term street cops.
Topics covered in this seminar:
• Multi-media presentation on Use-of-Force
• Review of the National Use of Force Framework
• Ethical use of force
• Breakfall training
• Tactical and functional fitness training drills
• Body control / working with the elbow
• Twist Lock for escort, handcuffing, and takedown
• Low-risk high-yield judo takedowns for law enforcement
• Limb control and joint locks
• Groundwork and how it relates to law enforcement
• Functional groundwork drills for law enforcement
• Tactical get-ups
• Controlling the limbs and the person on the ground
• Judo groundwork drills for law enforcement
• Compliant and prone handcuffing
• Multiple assailant drills / multiple officer drills
• Ret. Cst. Al Arsenault - Justice Institute of BC Police Judo Instructor, Author, "Chin Na in Ground Fighting", 27 years of experience in street-level policing.
• Sgt. Toby Hinton - Simon Fraser University Police Judo Instructor, 25 years policing experience, profiled in "The Beat" reality series.
• Sgt. Mark Steinkampf - Justice Institute of BC Police Judo Instructor, 24 years policing experience, profiled in "The Beat" reality series.